Pages

November 7, 2011

Southbound 45

The last 5 days I spent some quality time with some of the greatest people in my life.  Here's a recap of my journey:

Wednesday
I left work early and headed down to Casa de Bruce to see precious baby Emma on her 1st birthday!  I can't believe this sweet girl is already a year old!  Time goes by way too fast!  Court and I had lunch together and spent some time playing with Emma and catching up on life.  After I left Court's house, I headed southeast to my parent's lake house for a couple of days.

 Baby Emma is 1!

Thursday
My mom and I drove over to Canton and did some shopping.  If you have never experienced Canton, then you need to make plans to go sometime.  It is the first Monday weekend of every month and you can buy just about anything (gifts, food, home decor, etc).  It does entail alot of walking as there are acres and acres of booths and vendors.  We try to go atleast once a year if not more.  It was alittle chilly that morning but wasn't too bad by lunchtime.  Later that afternoon/evening we hung out at the house and worked on my t-shirt quilt.  After dinner we went out on the golf cart to search for deer around sunset.  We were able to catch one on the side of the road.


Friday
I made the trek south to Houston Friday morning so I could meet Nikki and Robert for lunch.  Once I got into town, this malfunction indicator light came on in my car so I had to call VW to see what was wrong.  Luckily there was a VW dealership just across the street from the restaurant where we were eating so I left my car with them for a couple of hours while they made the repair (just alittle unexpected expense on my trip).  I finally got to meet baby Rylee for the first time and she is so sweet!  After spending some time with them (and getting my car back) I headed back north to Spring to stay with Ellen and Ty.  

Saturday
Ellen, Ty and I went down to Nikki's mother's house and we spent the afternoon watching the Aggies fall to OU.  Despite the loss, we had a great time hanging out with one another and passing little Rylee around. 

They call me the baby whisperer

Rylee and her Auntie Ellen

I love these girls!

I finally made it home on Sunday after a stop in Corsicana for lunch with my parents.  The last few days were probably some of the best days ever.  I got to see 3 women that mean more to me than anything and spend some precious time with each of them as well as quality time with my parents.  I am so blessed!



1 comment:

Bruceville said...

so sweet that rylee fell asleep in your arms! sounds like it was a greaet trip! glad you had fun!