Pages

April 10, 2012

Bybee Family Update


As you can see, Shane and I have some great news to share with everyone!  We are having a BABY!  Both of us could not be happier for this blessing in our lives.  It was a long journey but our prayers have finally been answered!  The love and support from all of our friends and family over the years has truly been overwhelming and we can't thank everyone enough!

I'm sure all of you have questions so I will do my best to answer them.

When are you due?
Our current due date is October 30.  We are excited to possibly have a Halloween baby!

Is it a boy or a girl?
We don't know yet.  It will be another 8-10 weeks before we can answer that question.

How did it all happen?
Typically this answer is pretty obvious, but us Bybees can't seem to do things the easy, normal way.  :)  I began seeing a fertility specialist last year after 3 1/2 years of unsuccessful attempts and one miscarriage.  He began some pretty restrained measures to get us pregnant and none seemed to work.  After one failed procedure we decided it was time to undergo another laparoscopy to see if my endometriosis came back.  Surgery was completed in December.  It was confirmed that my endometriosis had returned so my doctor removed all of the extra scar tissue.  We tried the procedure again in January using basic medication.  No such luck.  In February we decided it was time to step it up another notch and tried injections along with the procedure.  This was quite amusing since Shane had to administer the injections every other day for a week.  I was sure some fights would break out during the process but both of us handled it pretty well.  A little less than two weeks after the procedure, we got the positive we had been waiting for!  Two blood tests at the doctor's office the following week confirmed we were for sure having a baby!  At 7 weeks we were able to see and hear the heart beat during our first sonogram.  Everything looked great so the fertility specialist released me to my regular doctor.  Today we saw our regular OB for the first time and heard the heartbeat again.  I am officially 11 weeks along.

How did you tell Shane?
The day I got the positive test, Shane was traveling all day so it would have to wait until the following afternoon.  I participated in the Color Run with Erin the next morning and decided to tell Shane after I got home.  I had gone to Hobby Lobby and purchased 2 white bandanas the day prior.  I ironed the words "Big Brother" on the bandanas for Aspen and Buckley to wear.  Before going into the office to talk to Shane, I put the bandanas on the boys and lead them into the office with me.  Aspen, in true fashion, laid back down on the bed and failed to follow me.  Buckley, being the trusty companion he is, did what he was supposed to do. Shane was on the computer and noticed I had "dressed" Buckley (which he hates).  He immediately said, "What did your mom put on you now?"  After looking down and reading the bandana, he spun around in his chair with a huge grin on his face.  I looked at Shane and said, "I'm pregnant!" which was quickly followed by a big hug and kiss.  Aspen then felt it was time to join us since he hates to be left out.

Will you keep us updated?
Of course!  Over the last year, I have been following a blog that I absolutely love.  It is a girl based out of Austin that has her own photography company but has become a mother over the last year to 2 little girls (born merely 11 months apart)!  Her name is Hanna Mac and she had the cutest maternity books and weekly updates.  Most of them can be seen on Pinterest which is where I originally found them.  Just recently she made templates available for people to purchase so they could create their own books.  I had to jump at the opportunity.

Here is what I have created so far.  I hope to create one for every week and post it to this blog along with other updates.  I am also loading all of these updates into a book that will be printed for us to have forever!  :)

The first photo is a summary of our journey to pregnancy.  Hanna is actually going to feature this photo on her blog one day.






I am currently working on 11 weeks so I hope to have that posted during the next update.  Thanks again to all of you for your love and support!  Keep checking back for updates!  :)

2 comments:

Bruceville said...

YEA! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet Baby Bybee! (or at least know the sex, so I can start buying stuff!)

Kristin said...

Oh Kim, I am soooo super excited for your wonderful news! This makes my heart so happy. I've been praying for you guys since our lunch last year and will continue to keep you in my prayers!