October 23, 2012
39 Weeks
Posted by
kimbybee
at
8:47 AM
Grayson, I beg of you, please come out soon! Today I am 39 weeks and praying/hoping Grayson decides to make an arrival soon. I went to the doctor yesterday and I am still not dilated. I go back next Monday for a check-up but we plan to induce on October 30. As my doctor puts it, he is serving the eviction notice next Tuesday. :) I'll be 40 weeks at that point so he does not see it as being an issue. We are looking forward to spending Halloween in the hospital. My mom bought Grayson his first Halloween costume so he doesn't miss out on his first holiday!
I am fairly uncomfortable at this point. It's hard to breath, sleep, sit, walk, stand and function in general. My friends all told me I would get to a point that I don't care what pain I have to go through since I am just so ready to have him out. I now see what they meant.
This weekend I spent some time getting ready for him to be here by preparing some meals for us to freeze. I made lasagna, chicken enchiladas, fajitas, king chicken ranch, pot roast, muffins, and breakfast burritos. I even put some things together that we can thaw and throw in our crockpot to cook throughout the day. My mom plans on cooking for us when we first get home from the hospital so I wanted some stuff for after she leaves. Shane will be home so I can always send him to the store whenever we need something.
Sunday we had a nice lunch with my family at the Cheesecake Factory. My nephews keep asking where Grayson is and wondering when he is going to get here. They both colored some Halloween pictures for him, too. They are super excited to meet their cousin and I know my sister-in-law is ready to hold her nephew. After lunch Shane and I took a walk around the mall. I thought it might help Grayson make his descent but it doesn't appear to have done anything. I'll have to keep up the walks and spicy food consumption over the next few days.
Yesterday was sort of a rough day for me emotionally. It had been 12 years since my Aunt Donna lost her battle to breast cancer. I'm sure part of it was the pregnancy hormones but I found myself tearing up throughout the day. Not a day goes by that I do not think about her and I often see her in my dreams. Over the last month I have had 3 dreams about Grayson. She was in 2 of them. In one dream she was holding him while talking to my mom. In another, she was sitting in a chair next to his crib and watching him sleep. I am still hoping Grayson is born on October 28 which would have been her 54th birthday.
I plan to work through Friday but I may be taking some time off throughout the week to take care of a few things. The boys need to go to the vet and I might go get a massage to relax and help my aching body. I have almost 900 hours stored up so a few extra hours off this week won't affect my time too much. Shane and I are also trying to think of some things to do this weekend since it will be our last "free" weekend.
I will keep everyone posted on his progress. If we get an update next Monday, I will try to post something before we go into the hospital. No matter what, we get to meet our baby boy in just 7 days!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment