Pages

January 11, 2013

Daycare

Grayson is at his third day of daycare and he seems to be doing great!  There are two younger girls and one older lady in his room.  They are all super nice.  Each morning when I drop him off they tell me how happy he is all the time.  That makes me feel so much better.  I had this fear he would be crying all day.  When we pick him up in the afternoon there does seem to be this look on his face like "what the hell just happened and where have you been".  It is pretty funny.  We know the noises and sounds are all new to him so he is still adjusting.  The first night we brought him home, we could barely keep him awake.  I had to wake him up to feed him a couple of times and then he slept 8 hours.  Last night he was alittle more alert but went to sleep at 9pm and did not wake up until 6:15am.  I know he will eventually adjust and possibly not sleep as long, but we miss the evening playtime we used to get with him.  It will make us appreciate the weekend more and try to get as much face time with him as we can since the nights are so short.

How did I handle his first couple of days at daycare, you ask?  I am a rock!  Not one tear.  I ask myself if that makes me a bad mother for not crying when I dropped him off that first day.  (Side note: My mother did go with me so I had reinforcements.)  But even with the presence of my mother I didn't feel the need to cry because I did not feel like I was doing a bad thing.  The people there have not given me a reason to be worried about leaving him in their care so I fully trust them.  Plus he is happy, go lucky baby all the time so I figure he must keep that same demeanor with other people (apparently he does).  But I do miss him during the day and can't wait to see him after work.

It helps that his daycare has video cameras in the room so we can check in on him. I think Shane checks in on him more than I do.  :)  Yesterday was my first day back to work so I was only able to log-in 2-3 times to see where he was.  I don't plan on being obsessive with it because I figure it can only make missing him worse.  As long as I can just "pop" in to see him and see he is doing ok, I am happy.

Hopefully we can keep this up and the full week next week goes just as well!

No comments: