 |
| 14 Weeks |
I feel like the pregnancy is going by really slow but I know it will start to go by fast after I get to the mid-way point which is merely 6 weeks away. This week I have started to feel better. I'm not 100% but I have noticed I am less nauseous and keeping food down. I am still taking medications but hoping I can stop taking them in the next week or two. With Gray I started to feel better about 15 weeks so I hope it will be the same with this one.
I really have not spent much time preparing for this baby. Obviously a majority of the preparations will come later, but aside from the constant sickness, I have not thought too much about the fact that we will be adding another human to our house. Although this weekend Shane and I did have the discussion about purchasing a stroller that holds two kids, as opposed to one. Not something I had thought about before but definitely something we need to think about.
We do plan to move Gray upstairs this summer into a "big boy" room. Shane is going to build him a bed that will be low to the ground and use one of the double mattresses we already have. I don't see a need to go out and buy him a new bed that he will most likely sleep in for just a year. With a bigger bed, it will give us a place to sleep with him on the nights he may be adjusting to his new room and when he is sick. I am not sure how much I will decorate his room, although I did find a quilt at Pottery Barn Kids I really like (see picture below). I don't really like "theme" rooms so I will most likely keep it simple like his nursery. I will just decorate using these colors and try to find ways to add some decor to his walls.
Easter
Grayson had a great second Easter. I was not sure if he was ready for all of the festivities that came with the holiday but he didn't seem to have an issue picking them up. On Friday morning his school had an Easter egg hunt. I had not planned on going, but after logging in to check on him about 15 minutes before the hunt, and seeing a bunch of parents there, I figured I might as well drive up there to help him out. He was super excited to see me when I got there. We walked out onto their playground and I pointed at an egg, told him to pick it up and put it in his bucket. He paused, then picked it up, slowly moved it over and dropped it in his bucket. As soon as it hit the bottom, he lit up and was off and running to the next egg. At this point, a monster had been created and he was off to the races. They had alot of eggs for the kids and Grayson had no problem filling up his bucket.
 |
| I'm ready to go, mom! |
 |
| Already figuring this egg hunt thing out. |
 |
| I see you little chicken egg...you're next! |
 |
Gray and his loot I call this look his "creepy look". He's been looking at us like this lately and it freaks me out! |
Friday afternoon we drove down to my parents house for the weekend to relax for a couple of days. They are always so accommodating and make us feel comfortable and welcome. Mom had asked if I had any special meal requests, but I still wasn't sure what I could eat so I went with my favorites. The food never disappoints when we are there and we never go hungry.
We took a couple of rides on the golf cart, played with bubbles in the driveway, Gray rode his tricycle and got carted around in his wagon, took pictures in the bluebonnets and had a special visit from the Easter bunny after his nap on Saturday. We headed home Sunday morning so Shane could get some work done in the yard and I had some much needed work to be done around the house. It was nice to get away for a couple of days and watch Gray be spoiled. He was so well behaved while we were down there so it made for a more enjoyable trip. Each day he continues to amaze us but his manners and sweet temperament always warm our hearts.
 |
| He sort of figured it out. Going down hill helped. |
 |
| Grammie pulled us around all day! |
 |
| She would stop abruptly and he would laugh so hard. |
 |
| Bubbles! |
 |
| We could not tell who enjoyed the bubbles more, Gray or Aspen. |
 |
| Riding the John Deere with Grandpa |
 |
Checking out his gifts from the Easter Bunny Ok, he may be a bit spoiled, but this kid deserves it! |
 |
| Let the egg hunt begin! |
 |
| Naturally you must dump out all of your loot .... |
 |
| And then lie in it and roll around. |
 |
| He will always be a boy |
 |
| We have to take our annual photo in the bluebonnets |
 |
| Someone will not fit in the basket anymore! |
I'm not sure if we have anything exciting coming up. Work is busy for me the next couple of weeks with a few events and Shane is starting to wind down the school year and wrap up his PSAT classes for the spring. My next appointment is in two weeks. We might find out the gender that day but it could be the end of May before we really know. Yesterday we did make one exciting trip to get Grayson's passport for our vacation this summer to Belize! We began planning the trip before I was pregnant but was not going to let that keep us from going. Shane, Grayson and I are headed down there for a week with a couple of our friends. We are staying in a condo at a resort on this island called Ambergris Caye. The only mode of transportation on the island is golf cart so we will have our own to get around all week. I am really looking forward to seeing a new place and Grayson getting his first stamp in his passport (the first of many to come)!
No comments:
Post a Comment