Pages

November 2, 2014

Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year!  My biggest challenge was trying to decide what Grayson would wear.  He's not at an age where he can pick his own costume, and he isn't into much except Mickey, so I did not know where to begin.  My mom and I went to a Halloween shop but I didn't find anything that I really liked.  Plus those costumes are all cheaply made.  I got lucky last year when I came across his pirate costume at Old Navy.  I decided to turn to Pinterest to see if I could get a good idea.  Some of the costume suggestions are fairly elaborate so I definitely wanted to find something simple since I only had a couple of weeks to make something before Beckett was born.  After a quick search, I came across this cute little dinosaur costume that looked really easy to make.  I had already seen the tail a long time ago and pinned it for a future project so I was excited to finally make it for Grayson.  After a quick trip to Target and JoAnn's I got everything I needed to make his costume.  It only took me a couple of hours to make and I think it turned out super cute!  The best part was that Grayson enjoyed wearing it and I think it's something he can wear around the house when he plays dress up.

Costume from the front

Costume from the back

The night before Halloween, Grayson's school had a fall festival so we went up there for Grayson to see some of his friends, play a few games and get some treats.

 Playing games at school

Sporting his trick or treat bag


Cake walk with his friends

Decorating a cookie with daddy

He ate his cookie one sprinkle at a time

Family pic
Beckett was quite content tucked in my Moby Wrap

On Halloween night, my brother and his family came over so the boys could all go trick or treating together.  Grayson loves his cousins and always seems to have fun when they come over.  We all ate dinner together and then they set off around the neighborhood while my mother and I handed out candy at the house.  We didn't realize it, but our neighborhood is a great trick or treating neighborhood.  There were kids out on every street and alot of neighbors participating in handing out candy.  Grayson really hit the jackpot and came home with a bag full of goodies.

Me and my little dino

Daddy and his little dino

Andrew, Grayson and Aaron
Andrew's costume scared Grayson

Beckett got dressed up, too

Side by side comparison of Grayson and Beckett

Shane is headed back to school tomorrow so Beckett and I will be alone.  It has been nice having him home, especially the early part of this past week.  On Monday afternoon, I developed an infection in my uterus that caused me to bleed alot and have very intense pain, swelling and tenderness in my abdomen.  I called the on-call doctor who recommended I either go to the ER or wait until their office opened in the morning.  The thought of trying to go to the ER with Beckett and figure out who would stay home with Grayson worried me so I decided to try to make it through the night.  It was a fairly long night.  I had the chills and Shane would have to bring Beckett to me when he needed to eat since I was unable to get out of bed on my own.  On Tuesday morning I finally spoke with my doctor.  He thinks part of my placenta didn't deliver so it created this infection.  He called a couple of medications in for me that started to work within a few hours of taking them.  After being stuck in bed for 2 days, I finally started to feel human again on Thursday.  I'm hoping this is the last of my issues as this pregnancy, delivery and post pregnancy has been fairly rough on my body. 

So starting tomorrow, Beckett and I will be spending alot of time together and trying to get into our own routine over the next few weeks.  I still have about 6-8 weeks of leave before I head back to work full time, although I do plan to start working from home in a couple of weeks.  Until then, I will try to fill our days with as much interaction as I can and enjoy every moment we have together because I know all too well that it goes by so fast.

No comments: