Pages

May 29, 2012

18 Weeks


First of all I have to apologize for no post on week 17.  I was pretty busy with work and I also got sick last week so I wasn't up for doing much of anything if it didn't seem required. 

We are officially 18 weeks today!  Baby Bybee is the size of a bell pepper this week which seems rather large to me given that my belly has not seemed to grow much.  Other people seem to notice it protruding more but I can't seem to tell a difference. 

I have been feeling alot better despite complete exhaustion.  I am usually in bed around 8:30pm and asleep not too long after that.  Last week I developed some cold/congestion stuff.  I think most of it was allergy related given that I was spending so much time outside training with my staff but some of it was my body telling me to take it easy.  Which I finally did and began to feel alittle more like myself.  The nausea seems to have disappeared for the most part but I still have days where I don't feel my greatest. 

The last couple of weeks have been fairly uneventful aside from work, but I won't bore everyone with those stories.  We have not had much time to focus on baby stuff but hope to start spending more time with it over the next month.  Next Monday we go back to the doctor for a full sonogram where we should find out if this little bambino is for sure a boy.  Shane and I already refer to him as our "son" so hopefully the sono will show the same results.  A few people have already started buying (and making) us some cute baby boy things!

We have had some visitors over the last week and we are looking forward to more next week.  My dad was here last week for a few days and Uncle Bobby came in this weekend to spend a night with us.  Since he moved away 2 years ago we do not get to see him as often as we used to (or would like to).  Next week my cousin, Casey, is coming to stay with us for a night before he flies out to Japan for 2 years.  He is in the Marines and being stationed in Okinawa.  We will definitely be sad that we won't be able to see him until he gets back in 2014.  :(  My best friend, Ellen, and her husband, John, along with their sweet little boy, Ty, are coming June 7 to stay with us for the weekend.  They are coming in town to do some fun things before they welcome a new little boy to their family in August.  I am definitely looking forward to seeing them and spending what time we can together. 

Be on the lookout for our post next week as it should contain some much needed photos of Baby Bybee!!

No comments: