Pages

August 29, 2012

31 Weeks


Sorry for the post a day late.  I was hoping to be able to add some fun 4D photos of Grayson from my appointment yesterday afternoon, but he was uncooperative.  His head was tucked down and the umbilical cord was over his face.  :(  We'll try again in a few weeks to see what little man looks like.

My sonogram went really great yesterday.  Grayson is looking healthy!  Alittle too healthy actually.  Typically babies average around 3lbs at this stage in the process.  Grayson is already 4lbs!  They said we could be expecting a 9lb baby if he keeps growing at this rate!  Not surprising seeing how I was 9lbs, 6oz.  He is taking after his momma!  Those James genes may be the death of me.  My doctor mentioned that we might start thinking about a c section.  I am open to anything as long as he comes out healthy and happy!  If we are able to do a c section, we may be able to schedule the day.  If that is the case, we are going to shoot for October 28.  That was my aunt Donna's birthday and I would love to have him on that date to honor her memory.  They are going to check in on him in a few weeks so we'll see how he progresses.  My weight gain is just at 8lbs which means he is half of the weight I have put on.  My doctor says there is no need for alarm and that it will just come off more quickly!  (Side note: We were in the lobby at the hospital before our tour and saw a girl leaving with her newborn baby.  Shane asked why she still looked pregnant and I had to explain to him that it takes time for the weight to come off.  We are not like balloons where the baby comes out and we automatically deflate back to size - although that would be amazing if modern medicine could figure that out!  He has informed me that I am not allowed to come home until after I am back to normal size so I may need to inquire about access to a gym on site post delivery.  He kids...I hope!)

Some of the girls at work are throwing me a shower tomorrow so I am looking forward to that. Otherwise I am hoping to take some time off tomorrow and Friday in preparation for the long weekend at the pool.  It is our final push before we close next week so I get to spend Saturday, Sunday and Monday hanging out with my guards and managing the facility.

Shane went back to school this week so he is trying to get back into a routine.  He also got some good news yesterday.  Last Friday he took his administrative certificate exam that is required to be an administrator in a school.  He passed with a 91!  Only a few more things he needs to wrap up on his research project and he will graduate in December!

No comments: