Pages

September 12, 2012

33 Weeks


It is official, I have entered the uncomfortable stages of pregnancy.  I was sailing through this thing for awhile but it all seemed to hit me over the last week.  My walk is more of a waddle, I have to stand belly first from a sitting position and I turn from side to side every night just to get comfortable.  Unless I have to sleep on the couch sitting up just so I can breath.  Ligament pain also started on my right side from my stomach stretching out beyond its normal size.  By no means am I complaining about any of this.  I welcome all of the trials and tribulations of pregnancy if it means that I get to hold my baby boy in less than 2 months!

My maternity pictures were Friday night.  When I booked the session a few months back, I had no idea it would be a record heat that day (104 degrees).  We shot a few pictures in the studio then headed outdoors to do the rest.  Shane and I managed to make it through the one and a half hour shoot.  Luckily it was around sunset so the temperature had dropped to a cool 100.  I think they got some great pictures so I can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks after they do final edits.  (Side note: a cold front came through a few hours after the shoot and the temperature dropped to the mid 80's the following day.  Figures.)

I went to the doctor on Monday and all is well.  We go back on October 1 to remeasure Grayson and see if he is still growing exponentially.  If he is still on track to be over 9lbs, we will set the date to do a c section.  I would love to push it until October 28 but my doctor thinks it might be closer to October 23 (in this case I will push for the 24th because I have this weird thing with odd numbers).  :)  Plus my mom's birthday is August 24 and mine is September 24.  Why not try to space his exactly a month from mine, too?!  Believe me, I will be happy no matter what day he comes, but if they are going to let me choose, then I plan to choose a day that works with all of my idiosyncrasies.

Needless to say, we are looking at about 6 weeks until he gets here!  Shane and I are both mentally ready for him to be here and getting ready physically.  After these last two baby showers this week, we plan to do our big shopping spree to get any necessary items we are missing.  My mom is going to help me sort, wash and organize all of his clothes to figure out what else we need to go buy.  If Gray is going to be a porker, he may not fit into a few of the things we have for him already.  :)

Shane's birthday is tomorrow!  He will be a young 43!  Our baby shower is at his school tomorrow, too, so I am excited to go up there and see him.  No big birthday plans yet.  We both decided to bypass gifts this year and focus on Grayson.  Usually a nice dinner out will be a sufficient celebration for the two of us.

No comments: