September 18, 2012
34 Weeks
Posted by
kimbybee
at
5:34 PM
In just 5 short weeks, if not sooner, we will get to meet little Grayson! As I mentioned in the last post, I have started to get uncomfortable. Last week I began having sharp pains on my right side and throughout my entire stomach. It was a ligament and my muscles attempting to stretch to make room for Gray. My doctor informed me that I have officially entered the miserable stages of pregnancy. After a few days, it finally went away. I felt much better this weekend. Grayson is not phased by any of this and continues to move regularly in the little space I have provided for him. Of course he was a contributor to my pain. He felt the need to use my belly button as a punching bag during those painful days. His little fists did some damage, too. My belly button is now bruised and officially an outtie. On top of his movements, he has been getting the hiccups multiple times throughout the day, too.
Last week we had a shower at Shane's school with his students and English department. Everyone was so generous! We got more diapers, clothes, books and other useful items. We gave our camera to a couple of his female students to take pictures throughout the shower. There are many candid shots, "selfies" (aka self portraits) and one photo that I have to admit is the creepiest baby shower photo I have ever seen. Which is exactly why I am going to share it with you. I warn you, it is on the verge of being extremely paranormal.
Brace yourself...
Is that not the creepiest photo ever?! We could not help but laugh when we were going through the pictures before we left the school. That student's name is Erin. She is actually a very sweet and smart girl, but apparently she has this ability to put an image in your mind that is absolutely frightening.
The day of the shower was also Shane's birthday. Both of us were so exhausted from the week, that we could not find the energy to go out to dinner. I did what any good wife would do and ordered him pizza and a cinna-pie from PapaJohns (ok, he actually made the phone call but I paid for it). I may not be winning "Wife of the Year" for 2012 but look at the grin on his face. If that's not happiness, I don't know what is.
I made up for the anti-climatic birthday on Friday and took him to Pappadeaux.
On Saturday night we had our fourth and final shower at my brother and sister-in-laws house. It was a coed diaper shower with the guys from my office and other male friends of ours and their families. Everyone enjoyed some adult beverages along with conversation and college football. The weather was really nice so most of us spent the evening outside on the patio while the kids played in the backyard. The closet under our staircase is now fully stocked with diapers and wipes!
Since our showers have finally come to an end, we plan to figure out what else needs to be purchased and go on a shopping spree. My mom came over Sunday night and helped me cut tags off his clothes so I could start washing everything this week. Things are starting to come together! I am still waiting on one last item for the nursery before I post pictures of the final product. The alphabet set I ordered seems to be taking longer than originally expected, but I hope to have it soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment