My baby boy is just one month shy of being a year old! I am so excited for him to turn one but sad that he will no longer be my "baby". I can already tell alot of the baby in him is wearing off and he's officially becoming a boy. Here are some things we noticed about him this month:
- Grayson started walking last month with his activity walker but he really started getting around with it this month. He finally learned how to control it so he can maneuver around the house really well and turn it as he walks. It's so funny to see him get stuck in a corner and just fling it around and keep going.
- He learned how to throw a ball. He's not ready for the major leagues (maybe the minors) but he will pick it up, pull his hand and arm back, then bring it forward and let it go. It is so fun to sit on the floor and play catch with him now.
- Grayson loves to play with his little activity gym that plays music but over the last month or two we noticed he would dance and sway while the music played. He will bounce and shake his head back and forth while the song plays then immediately hit the button to play the next song after it stops.
- We took Grayson to the park for the first time to play on a playground. Shane took him at the beginning of the summer but the extent of his play was sitting on a blanket. This time we showed him the interactive stuff on the equipment and put him in a swing for the first time. Like everything else, he thought it was the best thing in the world. He laughed and smiled the entire time we pushed him. The look on his face was so precious. We may have to purchase a swing for our patio soon.
- Although Grayson may have said his first sound that could be a word a couple months ago, he officially said his first word the other day. And that word was...."Ma Ma!" He said it and Shane and I sort of looked at each other thinking it was just a sound he made. Then later he crawled over to me, started to pull up and goes, "Ma Ma". I can't even begin to tell you how full my heart felt at that moment. Each time he says it now, I can't help but repeat it and give him hugs and kisses.
- He is almost standing on his own. Every now and then we catch him letting go of the couch or standing against the wall and pushing off. He stands for a couple of seconds and grabs back on or slowly sits down.
- He's wearing size 3 diapers.
- He's wearing some 9 month old clothes but starting to wear mostly 12 months.
- Still just two teeth. We are hoping the top teeth start to make an appearance soon.
- Weight: 23 lbs
- Height: 28 1/2 inches
I know it has been a couple of weeks since I have posted pictures. I meant to log-in and post some, but then I would not have any to add to his 11 month update so I just decided to hold off. Here are a few from the last couple of weeks.
My cousin, Brooke, is playing soccer for McNeese State and they came to town to play UNT. So we headed to Denton to watch her play and take Grayson to his first soccer game. He had alot of fun and entertained my family, and most of the people in the stands, all night.
 |
Loving his first soccer game! One of my favorite pictures of him....he looks like a liittle boy! |
 |
| Mom, will I get to play soon?! |
 |
| One of his many faces. |
 |
| I forgot my good lens so this was the best I could do. Brooke is #10. |
 |
| My cousin, Tara. Gray loved playing with her. |
 |
Family picture after the game. I remember when these girls were this small. |
 |
| Going to the park |
 |
| Playing music |
 |
| First time on the slide. |
 |
| First time swinging! I think he loves it! |
 |
| Coloring with mommy |
 |
Apparently the schnoolie he had wasn't as good as the one attached to his car seat. |
No comments:
Post a Comment