I seriously can't believe I'm sitting here writing a post about my baby boy being 1 year old already! It seems like yesterday when we were in the hospital looking in awe at our little tea cup human. Now he's this perfect little boy that's growing so quickly before our eyes! Here are some things we noticed about him this month:
- Grayson is a full fledged walker now! He falls or sits down from time to time, but he mastered the art of standing on his own so he quickly jumps up and continues to walk rather than crawl. He leads with his belly which is probably the cutest thing ever.
- Grayson points at things. It can be interesting objects or pictures in his book, but he has figured out how to use that pointer finger.
- He can clap and loves any opportunity he can find to clap. If we just say the word "yay!" he starts to clap. I especially love when we sing the song "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" because he claps when we sing it. He also likes to shake his head back and forth and clap his hands to music.
- One of my most favorite milestones is that he knows how to blow kisses. Sometimes he uses the back of his hand, but he has the motions down. It's so cute!
- Grayson knows how to wave now. He will do it when you say "bye".
- Words he knows: Ma-Ma and Da-Da. He can repeat stuff ("uh-oh") but only has a two word vocabulary for now.
- Wearing size 3 diapers.
- Mostly wearing 12 month clothes and some 18 months.
- He has 5 teeth that we can really see and possibly a 6th one that is about to break through. It's amazing how quickly 3 teeth made an appearance this month.
- Weight: 22 lbs (45th percentile)
- Height: 30 inches (70th percentile)
We had his 1 year check up this morning and he did great! His iron/blood count is still alittle low, but nothing to be concerned about. He still has some drainage in his ears so we are continuing to treat that. Otherwise he is happy, healthy and developing as normal! This has seriously been the best year of my life. I never knew I could love something or someone so much! Grayson has been a HUGE blessing in our lives and we can't wait to see what the next year brings for us and him. We plan to get his one year pictures taken soon when we can find some time but here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.
 |
| Looking at books from cousins Morgan, Shay and Kaylee |
 |
| Playing with his puzzle from Aunt Mendi |
 |
These were taken at daycare during one of his arts and crafts projects.
I feel the same way when I see a new box of crayons. :) |
 |
| Someone gets to face forward now and he loves it! |
 |
We took Gray to visit his Great Bob (my grandfather) and he lit up when he saw Grayson. Bob loved waving at him, pointing at him and clapping with him. It melts my heart to see Bob interact with his great grandson and how much Gray brings a smile to his face in such a rough time. I only wish Gray could grow to know his Great Bob, but we know he will benefit from all the hard work his Great Bob has done during his lifetime. We will have to remember to tell all of his wonderful stories. |
 |
The evening of Gray's birthday we took him to a mall near us to ride their carousel. I think it is his new favorite thing to do. There is nothing but pure joy on his face! |
 |
Sitting with grandpa and eating some ice cream for the first time. |
Birthday Party
We had Gray's 1st Birthday party this past Saturday at our house. Just something simple and small at the house with about 15 people (mostly immediate family and close friends). We were very touched with the amount of gifts everyone brought and alittle overwhelmed. Shane and I are glad we live in a bigger home so we have space for all his things. Some he can't play with right away, but there are a few he has been quick to play with over the last couple of days. The party was a big success and I'm sad, but also a little relieved, that it's over. I have been preparing for/thinking about that party for about 6 months so it's one less thing occupying my mind. Despite the fact that Gray will never remember it, I wanted it to be something special for Shane and I to remember. I kept the decor simple and we had light snacks and cupcakes for everyone. Gray had his own smash cake but he didn't "smash" it like I hoped. I think it was alittle large for him so he wasn't exactly sure what to do. With it being the first time he had real sugar, the taste may have been too much for him, too. I'm sure he will grow to love it just as much as his mommy loves cupcakes!
 |
| Cake and dessert table. |
 |
| Grayson's smash cake. |
 |
| All of Grayson's gifts. |
 |
I made this stat board to hang on the wall and we plan to get some pictures of him with it soon. |
 |
| All of these are for ME?! |
 |
| Rocking horse from Grammie D and Granddad. |
 |
| Reading a card from his Grammie and Grandpa |
 |
| A baby surrounded by all of his loot. |
 |
| I love his scrunched up face in this picture! |
 |
| You want me to do what with the cake? |
 |
| First sugar! |
 |
Don't be deceived, the chunk missing from the cake was courtesy of his Aunt Cra Cra (aka Shannon). She was very persistent to get him to smash it. :) |
Projects
Shane and I have been busy trying to finish a couple of projects around the house before we had our guests over for Gray's party. After living in our house for 3 years, I finally decorated the wall in our bedroom over our bed. I could never make a decision on what to do but I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like and finally took the time to find all the pieces, paint them or make them. I may continue to add to it, but it looks semi-finished for now. Shane also made a height chart that I had seen on Pinterest. It turned out really nice and we are excited to start marking Gray's progress every 6 months to a year. It's something we can cherish for a long time and take with us if we ever move.
No comments:
Post a Comment