Pages

December 2, 2013

November Recap

I thought I would play catch up on some of the more exciting highlights and events of November now that things have settled down for us.  (Past Post Update: Shane was finally discharged from the hospital that Saturday after I last wrote and he is doing better.  It's a 4-6 week recovery so he is trying to take it easy.  My grandfather's funeral was last Tuesday.  The service and graveside were really great.  The amount of people that came to show their support was truly overwhelming and generous.  Our family is extremely honored to call him "ours" and we know he is up in heaven watching over us while sitting next to his daughter.)

Mid November I participated in the Color Run again with a few of my friends.  It's always a fun race and I think I took on my color this year than year's past.  Next race is scheduled for April so I'm sure we will be getting registered soon!

Me and Shannon pre-race
Me and Court pre-race
Me and Shannon post-race
Me and Court post-race
Post Race
My skin was dyed green and it took me awhile to
get all of it off in the shower.
Color throw post race....I was in the middle of that.

One Saturday afternoon I took Gray over to my brother and sister-in-laws to play with his cousins.  We noticed Gray is starting to recognize them and jumps up as soon as they walk in the house or sees them.  He really seems to enjoy playing with them and following them around.  I have a feeling he is going to want to be with them at all times at family events.

Playing on the rocking moose that we bought Aaron
when he turned 1.
Too cool for school!
Reading with his cousin, Aaron.
I love this photo of them.
Yay for swings!
Aaron took Gray on a tour of the backyard in their
new car.  
 

While everything crazy was going on, we were also lucky to have my aunt and uncle in town staying with us.  My cousin's son came down from Virginia to stay with them for a couple of days at our house.  I had hoped to get more photos of him and Grayson playing together but my time was needed elsewhere.  Athan is so cute and sweet.  He reminds me so much of Grayson and I hope they can grow up to be just as close as my cousins and I are.

Me and Athan
I could not get these two to sit still for one photo.
They loved going for a ride in the laundry basket.
 


This past weekend my other cousin came down from Reno with his new daughter, Kaylee.  Shay and I were extremely close growing up and I will always remember him as this sweet little boy that I took care of during the summer while our moms went to work at my grandfather's company.  To see him grown up, married and with a kid just warms my heart.  Kaylee is so beautiful and tiny.  It was such a change to go from holding Gray to holding her.  Our visit was way to short so I hope we can spend more time together next time they come to Texas.  I love them so much!

Kaylee Grace
Look at those beautiful, blue eyes!
Cousins!

Shay and Kaylee
Shay, Morgan and Kaylee

Another bit of exciting news for me is I got a promotion!  I am now the Athletics Manager for the City of Carrollton Parks and Recreation Department.  I interviewed a couple of weeks ago but only recently found out last Monday when I came to work for a few hours before my grandfather's visitation that evening.  It was finally some good news during a rough time.  I was extremely nervous competing against some outside candidates but felt confident that I was the right person for the job.  This is a position I have been working towards for some time so I am extremely excited about the opportunity and challenges that lie ahead.

We hope December will be a fun and exciting month spent reflecting on the past year and enjoying time as a family during the holidays!

No comments: