Pages

April 28, 2013

6 Months


Exactly 6 months ago today, Shane and I were sitting in Plano Presby watching football and looking in awe at our tea cup human.  Today is no different (except that football isn't on).  Not a day goes by that we are not in complete amazement at this gift God has given to us.  Grayson is a joy in our lives that can not be matched.

It's hard to imagine that it has already been 6 months, too!  Here are some things we noticed about him this month:

  • He started sleeping longer.  I noticed I had to go and wake him up at 7am each morning so I could make it to work at a reasonable time, so we cut out his 6pm and 8:30pm feedings and gave him his bottle at 7pm.  Then we put him down for the night at 8pm.  He slept until 6:45-7am.  He averages 10-11 hours of sleep each night now.
  • He is down to eating 7-8oz bottles only 4 times a day.  We plan to start solids right after we talk to his pediatrician tomorrow.
  • Grayson is a tummy sleeper.  We put him in his crib on his back and within seconds he is rolling over to his side and ultimately ends up on his tummy for most of the night.
  • He is really good at picking objects up and playing with them.
  • He can pass objects between both of his hands now.
  • He likes to bang objects on his tray.  We started sitting him in his high chair at the table with us when we eat and he will bang whatever toys we give to him.  We had read that this is the time when babies start to make noise just to hear it. 
  • Grayson loves to feel the texture of different things.  He seems to love the feel of our carpet the most.
  • Our biggest milestone this month is that he is sitting up!  I put him in the boppy one day and sat him up so he had some support and he did ok.  He can sit up without it, but eventually he falls to one side or to the back.  I think he likes falling to the back and landing on the pillow behind him.  He can't pull himself up yet, but he is starting to figure out how to work those muscles.
  • He is talking a lot more this month.  He loves to mumble sounds and scream.  It's not extremely loud, but it's a good little squeal.  In fact, I can hear him downstairs entertaining Shane as I'm writing this. 
  • He finally moved on to size 3 diapers.
  • He is still wearing a few 6 month outfits, but he is also wearing a lot of 9 month clothes.
Grayson is still as happy as can be.  I don't think there's a minute that goes by that he is not smiling at us or laughing.  It may seem like I only post photos where he's smiling, but I am not lying when I say, that is all he ever does!  Anytime I pull my camera or phone up to snap a photo of him, he is ultimately smiling.  We know the things that will make him laugh, so we take any opportunity we can to get him going.  The other night one of the guys that works for me and his girlfriend, who also works for me, came over and Laura really got him going.  He had tears in his eyes because he was laughing so hard at her.  It was the cutest thing!

I'm taking him in for his 6 month check-up tomorrow so I will post an update.  Until then, here are a few photos from this month I have not shared along with some photos I took today.  I did a little mini photo shoot with him.  I plan to re-do some of these pictures after some floor drops I ordered come in. 

I feel like he looks so "boy" in this photo with the missing sock
and his body thrown on the boppy.

Sittin like a boss!

Always smiling!

I came home from work to discover this one day...
Sitting in his high chair
Reading books with daddy.  He likes to put the
books in his mouth so we are sticking with board
books for now.

Airplane!
Chillin like a villain

All dressed up
I love his little suspenders!
I think he looks like a fisherman here. 
My favorite part is the face he's making.
My attempt to recreate a photo from Pinterest

One of my favorites
Naked baby!

No comments: