Pages

April 15, 2013

Play Date, Personalities, Progress and Puppy Time

Last Friday Gray and I headed south to D'Ville to spend some time with my sweet friend, Courtney, and her two girls, little Emmas (2 years) and baby Magpies (10 months).  We had a play date with them back in December but had not seen one another since then.  It was so fun to get the kids together and play.  This was the first time I had really seen Gray interact with other young kids/babies, aside from my nephews.  He really seems to love the interaction and could not get enough of them.

I really enjoyed spending time with Courtney, too.  We have been friends since our freshman year in college and I am so lucky to have her in my life!  I'm hoping they can move further north in the future so we can see one another more often.  :)

Tummy time!
Grayson and little Emmas
Grayson going after the older ladies!
Grayson with his dear Aunt Court
I love this lady!
The weather was super nice this weekend so we were able to spend alittle time on the patio and went for a walk on Sunday.  Shane had a seminar on Saturday and his last Sunday PSAT class yesterday so Gray and I found ways to entertain ourselves over the weekend.  This kid has so many facial expressions and different personalities.  His dominant personality is "happy" but the faces he makes seems to change each day.  Check out some of his expressions during a 30 second play session with his "bouncing Tigger" that sings, bounces and shakes his head to music.







Grayson is also making progress and starting to sit up!  We can set him up with the boppy for support and he does fairly well.  He starts to roll to one side and ultimately ends up on his tummy so we can tell he's about to be mobile in no time!


He was watching Sesame Street.  :)

The house has been different since Buckley is no longer with us.  The first few days were really weird.  We miss hearing him bark every time the doorbell rings or an animal pops up on the tv (that dog had a knack for spotting an animal on tv, even if it was only on the screen for a couple of seconds).  Buckley used to escort Shane to the mailbox everyday, too.  He's no longer there to play "hide the nose" in bed before we go to sleep or "protect" us by barking at everyone or anything that passes by our backyard.  I feel like Aspen senses his absence and seems to be looking for Buckley around the house and backyard.  Aspen really has taken a liking to Grayson and I find that when I'm lying on the floor or in our bed, Aspen is usually wanting to join in on our time together. 

Playtime on the floor
New best friends
To close, I have a couple of pictures I took of Grayson in his chair.  When I get bored, I take photos.  :)  I love that I have a subject 24/7 that is willing to give me the best smile with little effort on my part.  These photos may be submitted to a modeling agency.  We'll see....




Summer is approaching quicker than I would like so I am trying to enjoy my last couple of weekends with my baby boy before I found myself working at the pool.  I'm excited for Shane to get some good daddy time in with his little man though!

No comments: